Shredded Barbecue Beef
"I work for the Delaware Department of Transportation and prepare this simple dish during storm emergencies or for lunch get-togethers," reports field editor Jan Walls of Camden.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 5 pounds), halved
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine the celery salt, garlic powder and onion powder; rub over
- brisket. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine liquid smoke if
- desired and hot pepper sauce; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on
- low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving 1/2
- cup. Shred met with two forks; place in a large saucepan. Add the
- barbecue sauce and reserved cooking juices; heat through. Serve
- about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 387 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.