This recipe was given to me over 35 years ago. It's a wonderful addition to candy trays.Jean Knapik, Bremond, Texas
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, sugar, milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads
- 224°, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and beat rapidly for
- 1 minute. Add pecans; continue beating until mixture thickens
- slightly. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking
- sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes. Yield: 3/4 pound
- (about 1-1/2 dozen).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.