Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
Crafters of all ages will enjoy these cookies, according to subscriber Bertha Seyer of Oak Ridge, Missouri. In fact, keep the recipe on hand after you serve them. Folks are sure to ask how they can make their own!
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Place ungreased baking sheets in the refrigerator. In a large bowl,
- cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, press dough into
- 2-in.-long ribbons on chilled baking sheets. Bake at 375° for
- 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.