Short Thyme Broccoli
This is such a fresh tasting side dish with its lemon and thyme flavoring. It is easy to make and is to the table in no time.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the broccoli and 1 in. of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt and
- thyme. Drain broccoli; toss with oil mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 45 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.