- ribs on all sides in oil. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is
- tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup broth, soy
- sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into beef
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- For dumplings, combine the water, cornmeal and salt in a saucepan;
- bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened;
- remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg; return all to
- pan, stirring constantly. Combine flour, baking powder and pepper;
- stir into cornmeal mixture. Stir in corn.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into simmering stew. Cover and simmer
- for 10-12 minutes (do not lift lid) or until a toothpick inserted in
- a dumpling comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.