Shoofly Coffee Cake
A sugar crumb topping lends to this moist coffee cake's appeal. The rich molasses flavor really shines through. Slices are good served warm or at room temperature.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon and ginger. Set
- aside 1/3 cup for topping. In another bowl, combine milk and
- molasses. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine sugar
- and reserved pancake mix mixture. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 198 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.