Seeing a beautiful rainbow after a storm is always a thrill, and my brother was delighted with his colorful sherbet dessert. Served along with the birthday cake, it put a refreshing finishing touch on the climate-conscious menu.
-Ndara Pike, Tempe, Arizona
10 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 2 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 1-3/4 cups raspberry sherbet, softened
- 3/4 cup lemon sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, flaked coconut and blue liquid food coloring
- Line a 9-in. round pan with waxed paper. Firmly press the lime
- sherbet into a 1-in. ring around the edge of pan. Smooth inside of
- the ring with a metal spatula or butter knife. Immediately form
- rings with orange and raspberry sherbet. Smooth inside ring; fill in
- center with lemon sherbet. Freeze overnight or until firm. Loosen
- edge with a knife. Invert onto a 12-in. square piece of waxed paper.
- Remove waxed paper from top of sherbet. Cut in half. Press two
- halves together, forming a half circle. Smooth rounded edge.
- Transfer rainbow, cut side down, to a freezer-proof serving platter.
- Just before serving, spoon whipped topping "clouds" at each end of
- rainbow if desired. Tint coconut with food coloring; sprinkle over
- topping. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 143 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.