"This refreshing summer dessert was served at a baby shower I attended," writes Shirley Colvin of Tremonton, Utah. "It was so delicious I asked the hostess to share her secret. I couldn't believe it was made with only three ingredients, and was low-fat as a bonus."
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Place the sherbet in a large bowl; stir in raspberries and bananas.
- Freeze until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
Editor's Note: Rainbow sherbet is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 150 calories, 40 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.