- reserved flour mixture. Add onion, marjoram and bay leaf; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring
- Add carrots; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in peas. Cover and
- simmer for 15 minutes for until the vegetables are tender. Remove
- bay leaf.
- For dumplings, in a large combine flour and baking powder. Stir in
- milk, egg, oil and parsley if desired. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto
- simmering stew. Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes or until done. Do
- not lift the cover. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without salt) equals 333 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.