Shallot-Blue Cheese Dip
Perfect party fare, this five-ingredient dip is a treat on baked potatoes, too. —Alisa Pirtle, Browns Valley, California
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until softened. Reduce heat
- to medium-low; cook for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown,
- stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in blue
- cheese and caramelized shallots. Cover and refrigerate for at least
- 2 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables) equals 116 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.