"This rich, smooth pudding couldn't be quicker to make, and it has such nice homemade flavor," promises Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota. "You'll surely enjoy is as an evening snack or anytime!"
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. With a hand
- mixer, beat in milk and egg yolks until smooth. Microwave on medium
- for 5 minutes. Beat well with mixer. Microwave on high for 2
- minutes; stir. Blend in butter and vanilla. Pour into serving
- dishes; cool. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 237 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.