This refreshing fruit medley, lightly coated with cherry pie filling, makes a great potluck or picnic dish. "You can substitute other fruits, such as red grapes or bananas, and use strawberry pie filling instead of cherry," notes Martha Cutler of Willard, Missouri, who adapted her grandmother's recipe.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, oranges, pineapple and pie
- filling. Add the strawberries, grapes and blueberries; stir gently.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 131 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.