Sesame Wonton Chips
Simple to make and fun to eat, these crispy "crackers" are a nice change from chips. They make a great side to soup or salad, but they also make a flavorful party snack. —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Black sesame seeds and/or sesame seeds
- Cut wrappers diagonally in half; place on a greased baking sheet. In
- a small bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, sugar and garlic salt;
- brush over strips. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 4 wonton chips (calculated without sesame seeds) equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer