Sesame Steamed Zucchini
Here’s a super-simple way to dress up zucchini from Wanda Penton of Franklinton, Louisiana. Asian flavor and sesame seed crunch make this side dish a treat to eat!
Tip Idea: Yellow summer squash could be substituted for some of the zucchini.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, sesame
- seeds, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Transfer zucchini to a serving
- bowl; drizzle with sesame mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 70 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.