Sesame Snow Peas
"I created this side dish because I like to use soy sauce and sesame seeds whenever I can," says Kathleen Valle of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. "I try to make all of my recipes simple and easy, and with only a few ingredients, this is a favorite."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the snow peas and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 6 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender;
- drain well.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid;
- shake well. Drizzle over snow peas and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.