Sesame Seed Cookies
These are very special cookies served often in the South. They're perfect with tea or coffee. My whole family loves them.
108 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla.
- Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 30
- seconds before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield:
- about 9 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.