We're always looking for new and interesting ways to prepare salmon. This Asian-inspired butter will be a new favorite for citrus lovers. Using reduced-fat butter saves 40 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving but still adds a generous coating to the salmon. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place salmon skin side down on a broiler pan. Combine butter, soy
- sauce, orange peel and sesame seeds. Brush one-third of mixture over
- salmon. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining
- butter mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 225 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.