Sesame Green Beans
"For me, the most time-consuming part of preparing this side is picking the green beans in the garden," says Jeanne Bennett of North Richland Hills, Texas. "My family loves their fresh taste, and I love that they're fast to fix!"
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring beans and water to a boil; reduce heat to
- medium. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until beans are
- crisp-tender; drain. Add the butter, soy sauce and sesame seeds;
- toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine) equals 43 calories, 245 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.