Sesame Green Bean Salad
Someone asks for the recipe for this chilled salad every time I make it. It's a refreshing salad that's great for potlucks and other get-togethers. —Terri McKay of New Bern, North Carolina
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and rinse in cold water; pat dry. Place in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar,
- sesame oil and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds; toss again. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.