Sesame Ginger Chicken
Why grill plain chicken breasts when a simple ginger-honey basting sauce can make them extra special? This tempting chicken is a wonderful summer main dish since it's quick and light. We love it.
-Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 green onions with tops, cut into thin strips
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. Pound
- the chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Grill over medium-hot
- heat, turning and basting frequently with soy sauce mixture, for 8
- minutes or until juices run clear. Garnish with onions. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.