Sesame Chicken Salad
The home economists in our Test Kitchen tossed together this fresh, flavorful Asian salad that’s brimming with color and crunch. It’s ready in no time and perfectly portioned for two.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce and ginger. Stir
- in the chicken, peas, pepper and sesame seeds. Serve over lettuce
- leaves; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup salad with 1-1/2 teaspoons cashews equals 254 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.