In this quick and easy recipe, garlic, butter and chicken broth enhance the delicate flavor of fresh young asparagus. And sesame seeds add just the right amount of "crunch".
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and garlic in butter for 2
- minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer
- to a serving dish with a slotted spoon; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 78 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.