Sesame Apple Toss
Looking for a fun variation on a traditional Waldorf salad? Try this simple version shared by Mary Patterson of Bethel, Connecticut. A colorful combination of apples and grapes is dressed in fruity yogurt and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup orange or lemon yogurt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the apple, grapes and celery; add yogurt and toss
- to coat. Serve on lettuce if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 52 calories, 26 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.