Sensational Spiced Salmon
A sweet and spicy rub gives this quick salmon dish fantastic flavor. Paired with a green veggie and rice, it’s a delightful weeknight dinner that’s special enough for company. –Michele Doucette of Stephenville, Newfoundland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Combine the first six ingredients; rub over salmon. Place in an
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 244 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.