Sensational Chocolate Sauce
My sister-in-law, Trudy, prepared this recipe one night as a topping for impromptu banana splits. The smooth yummy sauce is now my family's favorite.
Alene Gordon, Elk, Washington
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the corn syrup, water, chocolate and
- butter to a boil; boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the
- sugar; boil 2-3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved. Cool to
- room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. This sauce can be
- reheated in the microwave. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.