Seasoned Salmon Steaks
A flavorful basting sauce adds spark to these special salmon steaks sent in by Cary Winright of Medina, Texas. The moist firm fish broils to perfection in mere minutes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place salmon on a greased broiler rack. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some over some
- over salmon. Turn and broil 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Baste with remaining butter mixture. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 salmon steak equals 447 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.