Seasoned Oven Fries
For a speedy, health-conscious side dish or snack, Patricia Fredericks of Oak Creek, Wisconsin offers these fun wedges. “They're just as tasty as the deep-fried version, but with less mess,” says Patricia.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half; cut each piece into four wedges.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the butter, oil and
- seasoned salt. Add potatoes; shake to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 8 fries equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.