Seasoned Noodle Mix
In Warren, Minnesota, Dawn Fagerstrom gets a head start on a side dish with this pleasant seasoning mixture that works with most any type of noodles you have in your pantry. Add water and pop the dish in the oven alongside your entree.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine bouillon, parsley, onion and pepper. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3
- batches (about 1/3 cup total).
- To prepare noodles: Place noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Dot
- with butter. Add water and 5 teaspoons seasoning mix. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 5 minutes longer or
- until noodles are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (5 teaspoons) equals 85 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.