Seasoned Hamburger Mix
Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas prepares a large batch of this ground beef mixture and freezes it in small portions. "It's the beginning of many made-in-minutes meals," she says. Included among her favorites are the two recipes that follow.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions in two batches over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine
- the beef mixture, salt, oregano, pepper and garlic salt. Freeze in
- 2-cup portions for up to 3 months.
- Yield: 5 portions (10 cups total).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 183 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.