Seasoned Fan Potatoes
For a festive presentation, Tressa Surdick slices into the tops of baking potatoes to "fan" them, then seasons them with herbs and butter. "Guests rave about these potatoes," she writes from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way
- through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes
- Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian
- seasoning and salt. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at
- 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One potato (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.