Our Test Kitchen used lemon juice and a pinch of mint to give a light fresh taste to tender asparagus. The pretty spears cook quickly in the microwave.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash white pepper
- Place asparagus and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine butter, mint, salt, lemon juice and pepper. Drizzle over
- asparagus; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.