Seared Salmon with Balsamic Sauce
A slightly sweet sauce makes tender salmon fillets a tempting main dish. "A friend gave me this simple and delicious recipe, which I've passed on to other fish fans," says Trish Horton of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper. In a large
- nonstick skillet, cook salmon in oil over medium heat for 10-15
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
- Remove and keep warm. Combine the water, vinegar, lemon juice and
- brown sugar; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid
- is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Serve over salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 257 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.