Seafood Rice Casserole
My family loves rice and clams, so I decided to combine them in this recipe. It was a hit! This dish is very filling and satisfying. Cooking and creating new recipes are two of my favorite pastimes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the
- rice, onion and chilies. In a small bowl, combine clams and milk;
- pour over rice mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs and cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 4 main-dish or 8
- side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with evaporated skim milk) equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.