A crispy coating made with cornflakes and pork sausage gives a different treatment to these hard-cooked eggs. "They're fabulous hot out of the oven," notes Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. "Or enjoy them cold for a snack before a soccer or baseball game."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- Divide the sausage into six portions; flatten and sprinkle with salt
- and pepper. Shape each portion around a peeled hard-cooked egg. Roll
- in beaten egg, then in cornflake crumbs. Place on a rack in a baking
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink, turning every 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein.