Scallops with Citrus Glaze
“These scallops are especially scrumptious when served on steamed rice with a green salad on the side.” —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sprinkle scallops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute
- scallops in 1 tablespoon oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add
- the juices, soy sauce and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with scallops.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 scallops with 2 teaspoons glaze equals 235 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.