Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
Quick and easy with a gourmet flavor, this savory seafood entree seasons tender bay scallops with garlic, oregano andd pesto sauce,then tosses the mouthwatering mixture with pasta. Marilyn Lustgarten of Wentzville, Missouri shared the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and
- pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for
- 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli;
- toss with scallop mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 536 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.