Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
This comforting blend of sweet potatoes, apples and pecans has a small yield, so you won't end up with a pan of leftovers. Now that our three boys are grown, I cook for just my husband and me.Marjorie Wilkerson, Dighton, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potato slices,
- apple slices and crumbs. Repeat layers. Pour corn syrup over top;
- sprinkle with salt. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nuts. Cover and
- bake at 400° for 35 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.