This comforting side dish is a special treat for holidays, especially Christmas. It's golden and delicious.Janet Pensabene, Annadale, Virginia
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups firmly packed cube bread (crusts removed)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Stir in the bread cubes and pineapple.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.