Savory Vegetable Beef Soup
I developed this recipe as a way to use my homegrown vegetables. My teaching responsibilities keep me busy, but I love cooking for my husband and daughter most of all. Leslie Luthe, Parkersburg, Illinois
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, carrots, onion,
- salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 25 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring
- occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10-12 servings (2-3/4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium,