Savory Turkey Breast
Accented with flavorful herbs, this tender, golden turkey breast from our Test Kitchen is a cut above the rest. It’s a convenient alternative to preparing a whole bird.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sage, garlic, onion, thyme, salt
- and pepper. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides
- of turkey breast. Spread 2 tablespoons butter mixture under turkey
- skin; spread remaining mixture over skin.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170° (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly).
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: about 7-1/2 ounces cooked turkey equals 443 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 59 g protein.