Savory Summer Squash
I'm always looking for good-tasting recipes that are low in fat and quick to fix, and this fits the bill. Because zucchini is so abundant, it's almost a game to find new ways to fix it. This makes a perfect side dish for any meal.
-Nadine Daniels, Curtis, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, tomato and onion in
- oil for 1 minute. Sprinkle with seasonings; cook 5-7 minutes longer
- or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.