Savory Stuffed Pork Chops
Who’d ever guess stuffed chops could be so simple? Baby spinach and stuffing mix are the secrets to this elegant recipe. Rebecca Nossaman - Ballwin, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large
- skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach, cook until
- wilted. Stir in the stuffing mix, sour cream and sage.
- Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with
- toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed chop equals 320 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot