Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"The moist chicken with its savory filling makes a special entree for two, yet it's not tricky to prepare," notes Katherine Suter of Prescott, Arizona.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, saute the apple, ham, mushrooms and onion in 1
- tablespoon oil until onion and apple are tender. Stir in mustard,
- bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in.
- thickness; top each with the apple mixture. Roll up and secure with
- toothpicks. Coat with flour.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Place in an 8-in.
- square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes
- or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,103 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.