Savory Romano Sticks
It's hard to munch just one of these yummy breadsticks. I can make them quickly using puff pastry. —Tim Ailport, West Lakeland, Minnesota
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Brush one side of each puff pastry sheet with egg; sprinkle with
- cheese and basil. Cut each sheet into ten 1-in. strips. Place 1 in.
- apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 20
- pastry sticks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pastry stick equals 160 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.