Savory Pork Stew
Stews are one of my favorite foods. They can be put together to simmer, leaving me time to get things done around the house. I know you'll appreciate the convenience of this one-dish meal.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water
- and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the
- vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 201 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat.