Savory Pork Roast
"I love this herbed roast so much that I make it as often as I can," says Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "It's wonderful for special occasions, particularly when served with sweet potatoes and corn muffins." It makes a lot, so you'll have leftover pork for the two reader recipes that follow.
9-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 80 min. + standing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- Combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 80 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 9-12 servings (or 3-4 servings plus leftover).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.