Savory Plum Sauce
This flavorful sauce tastes fantastic served with pork or poultry dishes. Plus, it's very quick and easy to stir together.Nancy Mendoza, Yakima, Washington
22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place plums in blender or food processor; cover and process until
- smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; add sugar, or orange juice
- concentrate, lemon juice, vinegar and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to plum
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve as a condiment with pork or poultry. Yield: about
- 2-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 32 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.