- until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring
- occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the
- egg, sherry and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in onion and bacon.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 10-in. x
- 5-in. rectangle. Using a floured knife, cut into eight 2-1/2-in.
- squares; cut each square diagonally in half.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush with milk. Bake
- at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with
- butter. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 scone with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter equals 204 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.