Savory Chicken Sandwiches
With eight children under the age of 12, Joan Parker of Gastonia, North Carolina knows how to make family-pleasing meals. "This tender chicken tastes like you fussed, but requires few ingredients," she notes. You can also thicken the juices and serve it over rice.
14-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup prepared Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow
- cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and garlic salt. Pour dressing and
- water over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove
- chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow
- cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon on buns. Yield: 14-16 servings.