Savory Brussels Sprouts
“This is a family favorite that's fast and easy!” Brussels sprouts are treated to a creamy, guilt-free sauce in this delicious recipe. Paula J. Michaud - Waterbury, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. Place in a steamer
- basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a
- boil; cover and steam for 8-11 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise,
- mustard and celery seed. Cook and stir just until heated through.
- Serve with brussels sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 76 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.